What to expect from your visit to Bucks County Museum
The Museum is temporarily closed until further notice.
What to expect from your visit to Bucks County Museum when we reopen
The café, garden, shop and toilets will be open. To ensure the safety of all our visitors and staff, we’ve reduced the number of people we can welcome at one time and you’ll need to book your visit in advance. Here you’ll find everything you need to know about what will be open and what to expect from your visit.
Please note the Roald Dahl Children’s Gallery remains closed for now, we hope to reopen it in the new year.
How to book your visit to the Museum and art exhibitions
All visitors must book a ticket in advance.
- Please book one ticket per person.
- You’ll need to choose a 30-minute arrival time for the day you want to visit.
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only.
- We’ll send your booking confirmation by email.
- 2pm is the last bookable slot as the museum closes at 3pm.
Please arrive within your half-hour timeslot, to help maintain social distancing. If you arrive late, we may not be able to guarantee you entry. Your entry will be at the discretion of the reception staff.
We have limited the number of visitors inside the museum to ensure we can maintain social distancing. Things might feel a little different, as we’ve put new measures in place to keep everybody safe:
- In line with government guidelines you’ll be required to wear a face covering everywhere in the museum. Please bring one with you.
- Hand sanitiser is available at the entrance and exit of the museum. For your safety, please avoid touching surfaces as much as possible.
- Buggies will need to be left downstairs (please ask a member of staff) and large bags will need to be carried on your front or by your side around the museum.
- There is a one-way system in place, throughout the museum.
The ground floor is accessible for wheelchair users and via a lift to the first floor.
In line with government guidance we are supporting the Test and Trace programme. This means you will be asked to scan the NHS Covid-19 app QR code or we’ll make a note of your contact details.
To help keep everyone safe, please follow social distancing and government guidance when you visit. And look out for signs while you’re here which will explain any changes to how you can access different parts of the site.
If you’re showing any of the symptoms of coronavirus, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 14 days, please don’t visit.
When we re-open the following rooms will be accessible; ground floor Georgian room featuring paintings of Hartwell house and on the 1st floor the Art Galleries, showing the Bucks Art Society and Tony Hart exhibition, Embroiderers Guild and Tudor room will also be open.
You will notice some exciting changes in the museum, our Touch of Bucks galleries on the ground floor are now closed and we are working on amazing new Discover Bucks Galleries which will open next Summer 2021.
The toilets, including access and baby changing facilities, are open and cleaned regularly. Please follow signage, maintain social distancing and should there be a queue, wait two metres apart.
Our café will be open from 16 December inline with our museum open days, from 10am-3pm, serving hot and cold drinks and some light snacks.
There’s some limited indoor seating in the cafe, and outdoor seating is available in the walled garden.
Our shop will reopen on 11 and 12 December then in line with our museum open days, from 10am-3pm and is stocked with a great selection of games, gifts and jewellery.
All payments to be taken by card only.