Join us for our second ever Bucks County Museum PRIDE. A vibrant event to celebrate the LGBTQI community and friends in Aylesbury and beyond. All welcome. Please be advised the evening entertainment will include adult themes, language and some nudity. See below for the full line-up.
We are very happy to announce that Vegan Bliss UK will be selling delicious hot Vegan food.
Potato and chickpea curry with rice
Carribbean stew and rice
Gluten free, contains cashews
Falafel wraps with hummus and roasted vegetables.
Chocolate cake and a Rainbow cake.
Meals £5 each and a slice of cake is £2.50, cash only.
Mini Flash Mob in the Museum garden – bring your glow sticks and join in our celebration warm up!
Pride craft activity and a chance to meet new friends:
– Create your own Pride Pledges and decorations
– Contribute to our collaborative Pride artwork
– Make Pride badges
– Share stories
– Pick your pronoun
– Donate your LGBTQ objects to our collection
Bookable workshops (bookable in person, on the day, from 4.30pm):
– Learn a new song and dance moves with the Oxfordshire Drag Collective (https://www.oxdragcollective.co.uk/)
– Gain new make-up skills with the Oxfordshire Drag Collective (https://www.oxdragcollective.co.uk/)
– Experience a Story Party on the theme of ‘being’ hosted by She Performs (https://www.sheperforms.com/)
Please be advised the evening entertainment will include adult themes, language and some nudity.
Speeches from LGBTQ+ representatives followed by live entertainment including,
– Hannah Brackenbury ‘Brighton’s answer to Victoria Wood’
– Adam All and Apple Derriers
Activities and workshops from 4pm – 6pm are drop in, however to secure your place for the Evening Entertainment please complete the booking form below and then click the CONFIRM button. There is no charge for this event but donations are welcome.
Evening Entertainment (from 7.30pm) will be opened by Hannah Brackenbury ‘Brighton’s answer to Victoria Wood’, with a variety of burlesque and live performances to follow.
Bucks County Museum PRIDE is being delivered in partnership with Aylesbury Town Council, Bucks County Council, The Arts Council and Bucks Pride Committee.
Entry by donation