Who we are
Friends and Patrons of Bucks County Museum (FBCM) is an independent charity based at 9 Church Street, Aylesbury HP20 2QP. FBCM is a registered charity number 1059377.
Treasurer, Friends and Patrons of Bucks County Museum, 9 Church Street, Aylesbury, Bucks. HP20 2QP. Email : email@example.com.
What personal data we collect
FBCM will only ever collect the information we need – including data that helps us to improve our services:
• personal information including name, postal address, phone number, email address and occasionally your interests and preferences
• Photographs of events and visitors at the Museum and at external events.
How we use your data
We will use the information you provide to:
• Answer your requests for information about FBCM and our activities.
• To process tickets, bookings and donations on your behalf
• To communicate with our members and volunteers about our activities, events, news and fundraising activities
• To send out membership cards.
• To record any contact we have with you
Where we store your data and how we keep your data safe
Electronic data is stored on our password protected computers covered by SSL technology (server secure software) located in Aylesbury and the Cloud, maintained by our specialist IT company in pass word protected files or folders as appropriate with limited access by personnel at FBCM and BCMT. Hard copy data is kept securely locked in cabinets, cupboards and locked offices/rooms with limited personnel access. There is a retention policy on how long such hard copy data is kept, including the legal requirement to keep certain financial, accident and personnel records for certain time frames.
Unfortunately, the transmission of data across the internet is not completely secure and whilst we do our best to try to protect the security of your information we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of data will not occur whilst data is being transferred.
Who will see your data?
• Friends Committee members
• Members of staff who need to process or analyse the data
• FBCM Data Controller – Treasurer
• Volunteer co-ordinator
We will only share your information if
• We are legally required to do so, e.g. for tax purposes such as gift aid details for HMRC or by a law enforcement agency legitimately exercising a power or if compelled by an order of the Court
• We believe it is necessary to protect or defend our rights, property or the personal safety of our people or visitors to our premises or websites
How long we will keep your information
We will keep your information only for as long as we need it to provide you with the services or information you have requested, or until you unsubscribe or tell us that you have changed your mind about your consent for us to hold your data.
Keeping your information up to date
We will review our member and volunteer data every year upon membership renewal.
Your data rights
• the right in certain circumstances to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
• the right to prevent your data being used for direct marketing
• the right of access to a copy of the information we hold about you (known as a subject access request)
Subject Access Request
You have the right to make a subject access request about any data we hold about you by contacting the Data Controller, by post at 9 Church Street, Aylesbury, Bucks. HP20 2QP or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
This right includes being informed whether any personal data is being processed, being given a description of the data, being given the reasons for the data being processed, whether it will be shared, as well as the source of the data.
Cookies on our Website
Changes and updates to this Policy