The Discovery Gallery on the ground floor is like walking into a giant pop-up book. Here you can…..
- Encounter James and his minibeast friends inside the Giant Peach and zoom in on their minute world with the aid of the amazing video microscope.
- Explore Sound with the BFG. Play on his giant pipe organ and find out how sound is made with lots of exciting experiments.
- Discover life underground and buried treasures from the past as you crawl along Fantastic Mr Fox’s tunnel.
- Dress up in Victorian school clothes under the watchful eye of Miss Trunchbull and play some games from yesteryear.
- Investigate the unfamiliar and often bizarre inventions from the past with Mr Willy Wonka, the greatest inventor of them all.
- Find out what’s missing from Roald Dahl’s tuck box.
- Walk through the Discovery Gallery and through an enormous book into Matilda’s Library.
- Here you will find an inviting room full of books where you can discover more about Dahl’s life and work. You can listen to a story, watch a video, or just dip into your favourite Dahl book.