The Bucks Archaeological Society (BAS) was founded in 1847 and is the senior body in the county in the fields of Archaeology, Architecture, Local History. The society also has an active specialist section for Natural History. In 1907 the society founded the County Museum and it still has its library in the Museum. It has had an active interest in the running of the museum ever since. Click here to learn more
The Friends and Patrons foster interest in the Buckinghamshire County Museum and to provide support with practical help and fund-raising. The principal benefit of joining is knowing that you are helping to shape the Museum to continue its work, develop its collections, and to preserve Buckinghamshire’s heritage. Click here to learn more about the Friends. Click here to learn more about the Patrons.
The British Paralympic Heritage Trust We are working with the British Paralympic Heritage Trust to create and display a national Paralympic Heritage Collection to be housed in Bucks and displayed nationally. The new BPHT website says more about the project and is available if you click here.
The Embroiderers Guild is a major partner. The County Museum now houses and cares for this nationally important collection and the Embroiderers Guild Head Quarters Offices are collocated in the main museum premises . A press release describing the new relationship is linked to this note
The Muir Trust was founded in 1997 as a result of a bequest by Jane Muir, the Buckinghamshire artist and mosaicist, in memory of her late husband Alastair Muir. It provides an endowment to attract artists of national standing to be Artist in Residence at Buckinghamshire County Museum on a biennial basis. Click here to learn more about the residency. Click here to see past residencies
Milton Keynes Corporation The County Museum has continued to collect and care for archaeology and Natural Science of the MK area since the creation of the new city. An annual programme of events is delivered in MK and we are working with the MK Museum Trust on the story line for the planned new Museum there. Meanwhile we share enquiries between us!
- Wilkins Solicitors (sponsors of the Aylesbury Ducklings programme)
- The Muir Trust (supporters of the biannual artists residency)
- The Hickman Charity (sponsors of the Aylesbury Ducklings programme)
- The Princes School for Traditional Arts (Exhibition on Islamic Art)
- The British Museum ( Funders of the Portable Antiquities Scheme and supporters of the exhibition on Islamic Art)
- The Horniman Museum (Exhibition on Islamic Art)
- The Headley Trust (Acquisitions)
- The Art Fund (Acquisitions)
- The Heritage Lottery Fund (Major projects)
- V&A Purchase Grant Fund (Acquisitions)
- NADFAS (Events sponsorships)
- Arts Council England (Major projects)
- Aylesbury Grammar School (Musicians and joint projects)
- Aylesbury Town Council (Events sponsorships)